By Eugene Borgida,Susan T. Fiske
- Features unique chapters written via the various prime specialists within the box of psychology and legislation together with Elizabeth Loftus, Saul Kassin, Faye Crosby, Alice Eagly, Gary Wells, Louise Fitzgerald, Craig Anderson, and Phoebe Ellsworth
- The 14 matters addressed comprise eyewitness id, gender stereotypes, repressed thoughts, Affirmative motion and the dying penalty
- Commentaries written by means of best social technology and legislations students speak about key felony and clinical topics that emerge from the technology chapters and illustrate how mental technological know-how is or can be utilized within the courts
Read or Download Beyond Common Sense: Psychological Science in the Courtroom PDF
Similar forensic psychology books
For many years, The Rorschach Inkblot strategy (RIM)--the most well-liked of the projective tests--has been mostly hired for character review and remedy making plans. yet in recent times, it has no longer been unfastened from controversy. Criticisms of its validity and empirical aid are catalyzing new efforts to reinforce its foundations and rfile its vast software.
On-line, the chance to devote against the law isn't various clicks away. intercourse Offenders and the web explores the character of on-line intercourse offenders for you to support practitioners comprehend and deal with this new type of purchaser. Kerry Sheldon and Dennis Howitt study the examine base by way of reviewing case stories and mental profiles, with a selected specialise in paedophilic net intercourse offenders.
During this e-book, Slobogin and Fondacaro current their imaginative and prescient for a brand new juvenile justice process, based at the proof to hand and selling the rules of rehabilitation and reintegration into society. The authors improve their juvenile justice coverage proposals successfully via conscientiously addressing the issues with earlier coverage approches and up to date theoretical contributions.
Biologic legislation of actual job offers readers with a state of the art point of view of underlying concerns which could give a contribution to the weight problems epidemic. It bargains proof of a biologic regulator affecting actual job and explores implications of such biologic regulate on activity.
- Introduction to Forensic Psychology: Clinical and Social Psychological Perspectives
- Occupational Therapy in Forensic Psychiatry: Role Development and Schizophrenia
- Evolutionary Forensic Psychology: Darwinian Foundations of Crime and Law
- Kinder- und Jugendkriminalität. Psychologische Hintergründe, Therapie und Präventionsansätze (German Edition)
Extra resources for Beyond Common Sense: Psychological Science in the Courtroom
Beyond Common Sense: Psychological Science in the Courtroom by Eugene Borgida,Susan T. Fiske