By Trent Margrif
Read Online or Download Blowing Rock Revisited (Images of America) PDF
Best american history_1 books
The "Young American" critics -- Randolph Bourne, Van Wyck Brooks, Waldo Frank, and Lewis Mumford -- are popular as important figures within the Greenwich Village "Little Renaissance" of the 1910s and within the postwar debates approximately American tradition and politics. In loved group, Casey Blake considers those intellectuals as a coherant staff and assesses the relationship among thier cultural criticisms and their makes an attempt to forge a communitarian substitute to liberal and socialist poitics.
Nearly seventy thousand souls lay in leisure at historical Oakland Cemetery in Atlanta, Georgia. they're the silent witnesses of what has long gone on sooner than. Their stones hold their tales and the background of Atlanta. Cathy Kaemmerlen, popular storyteller and Georgia writer, explores the stories at the back of the various cemetery's awesome figures, including:• Margaret Mitchell, of long gone with the Wind popularity• Bobby Jones, 1930 winner of all 4 significant golfing championships• the wealthy brothers, founders of Rich's division shop• Joseph Jacobs, in whose pharmacy the 1st Coca-Cola used to be served
Echoes of a dynamic background nonetheless linger in Springfield, Missouri. the city sq. was once the scene of a Civil warfare conflict, a Wild invoice Hickok shootout and a sad 1906 lynching. From the phantom landlord of Jefferson road to the spectral bride of Grove Park Bridge, meet figures from the town's earlier that proceed to mystify its current.
This publication is a suite of private vignettes, a secret detective novel that turns oral legend into heritage. Montgomery County, Indiana’s background of the Underground Railroad makes a speciality of the folks concerned. Documentation recounts few feats of derring-do and middle of the night runs throughout the woods in our county’s prior.
- Custer's Trials: A Life on the Frontier of a New America
- On the Road with Hillary - The Early Years: A behind the scenes look at the journey from Arkansas to the US Senate
- Jewish Community of St. Louis: 1890-1929 (Images of America)
- From Slave Abuse to Hate Crime: The Criminalization of Racial Violence in American History (Cambridge Historical Studies in American Law and Society)
- Shrinking the Earth: The Rise and Decline of American Abundance
- Spain and the Independence of the United States: An Intrinsic Gift
Additional info for Blowing Rock Revisited (Images of America)
Blowing Rock Revisited (Images of America) by Trent Margrif